ATHLETIC ANNUAL FUND
As part of its commitment to undergraduate education and student life, Case Western Reserve University offers high-quality athletic programs to every student. Through competition, students learn essential skills that will serve them throughout their entire lives: sportsmanship, team-building, goal-setting, time-management, leadership-development, and how to have fun.
Gifts to the Athletic Annual Fund support enhancements to programs, facilities and special opportunities that arise throughout the year.
For more information on the Athletic Annual Fund, or to make a gift, CLICK HERE.
CAMPAIGN FOR ATHLETICS
North Campus Field House
The Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center Campus was recognized as a necessary part of the North Residential Village two decades ago when the student undergraduate population was a fraction of what it is today. This commitment to health, wellness and recreation is an important part of the university’s mission to provide a complete and well‐rounded education—one that is vital to recruiting the brightest and best.
• A 15,000‐square‐foot, wide‐open facility (about half of a football field) with a turf surface, serving varsity athletics in both off‐season as well as in‐season activities.
• Football, baseball, softball, men’s and women’s soccer as well as men’s and women’s track and field will use this outstanding facility.
• Physical education classes, intramurals and club sports will utilize this excellent space.
• The crucial need for recreational space, especially during the winter months, will enable students to relax by throwing a Frisbee, kicking a soccer ball or exercising in other ways.
• In addition, this great space will provide an opportunity for large gatherings such as Relay for Life and football tailgates.
• This facility provides opportunities consistent with the university’s outreach commitment to community.
• Loss of the majority of the athletic/recreation green space on campus in the last two decades emphasizes the urgent need for this facility.
The North Campus Field House will provide an impressive presence in University Circle and serve the university community for future generations.
Seeking 75 Winners
Dr. James Wyant, CIT ’65 has presented a challenge grant of $2 million to enable CWRU to move toward the completion of the beautiful North Campus Field House. The university is in the process of securing a gift for the naming rights of this important facility, but there is a need to bridge the two gifts with donations totaling $500,000. Though any donation would be appreciated, we are focused on gifts at two levels, seeking 50 donations of $5,000 and 25 donations of $10,000, totaling 75 donors to be in the special Winners Circle. The donations may be spread over three years. The Winners Circle donors’ will appear on a large plaque at the entryway of the new Field House.
For information, or to discuss donations and naming opportunities, contact Gary Pillar, Assistant Athletic Director for Development at 216.368.3992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.