All facility users must show proper identification upon entering any of the Physical Education and Athletic facilities. The identification cards, guest passes or recreation cards will be checked at the facility entrance. Failure to present proper identification will result in not being admitted to the facilities.
Eligible Facility Users
Cleveland Inst. Of Art Students; Cultural Exchange; Visiting Graduate Assistants/Temporary; Visiting Scholar/Temporary
Alum of CWRU, Flora Stone Mather, Case Institute of Technology, Western Reserve; Spouse or legal dependent of current Alumni REC-ID holder
Temporary CWRU employee/intern; Cleveland Inst. Of Art Faculty and Staff; Tenant; Campus Ministries; University Circle Incorporated member institution employees
Children 17 years and under are allowed to use the Veale Center on Saturdays during the fall and spring semesters and on Fridays during the summer months. Guest pass fee is not required for these children during these time periods. The parent or guardian must accompany the child at all times (1 adult per child).
Parents or guardians wishing to utilize recreational facilities with their dependents at times other than those stated above must purchase a guest pass. The parent or guardian must still accompany the child at all times (1 adult per child).
Children 17 and under are only permitted to use the Veale indoor track and courts, racquetball courts and Donnell Pool during posted open swim times.
Standards of Conduct
All facility users assume an obligation to behave in a manner compatible with the university's function as an educational institution. The Physical Education and Athletic Department retains the right to maintain security and to exclude those who are disruptive to the educational process. Please see University Policies and Regulations for more details.
All persons using the Physical Education and Athletic facilities are urged to give special attention to properly securing their personal belongings. When using lockers, make sure that the LOCKERS ARE ALWAYS LOCKED WHEN UNATTENDED. It is also advisable to avoid, when possible, leaving money and personal valuables in the locker. The University nor the Physical Education and Athletic Department are responsible for any lost or stolen personal belongings. Do not keep personal property in hallways, outside, on bleachers or on floors unattended.
Injury and Accident Reporting
All injuries sustained in structured and non-structured recreational activities should be reported to a facility staff member and the proper injury report completed.
When using the Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center, Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center or Adelbert Gym, please notify staff member. When using DiSanto Field, Sudeck Track, Carlton Tennis Courts or Van Horn or Freiberger Fields, contact security immediately and alert facility staff. Persons reporting these incidents should provide all the needed information in writing whenever possible. The accident/injury report form should be completed in full.
Please be aware that the Physical Education and Athletic Department assumes no responsibility for injuries sustained while voluntarily participating in any activities associated with the department. All participants are urged to avail themselves of an insurance program, which includes benefits for injuries during leisure time activities.
- All patrons must enter through the front doors of the Veale Athletic and Recreation Center, Adelbert Gym and Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center and present a valid CWRU ID, unless otherwise told by a Facility Staff member.
- All patrons who engage in recreational activity must be properly dressed for that activity
- Hard bottomed shoes and shirts must be worn at all times in the facility
- Varsity athletes may run without a shirt in the field house during scheduled team practices ONLY (this means no other users are permitted in the space)
- Black-soled shoes and rollerblades are not permitted to be worn in the facility
- No pets, bikes or radios may be brought into the facilities without prior approval of the department.
- No literature or signs may be posted in any Physical Education and Athletic facilities without prior approval from the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities and Operations.
- Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or any other illegal drug is strictly prohibited inside any Physical Education and Athletic facility or at any campus event
- Abusive, profane, disrespectful language and/or conduct is not permitted.
- Open food and glass containers are not permitted in any athletic/recreational space
- In accordance with NCAA, UAA and PAC rules, we ask that all fans act responsibly and courteously to those around you. Abusive language and/or disorderly conduct is unacceptable and unwelcome at CWRU. Any spectator who interferes with the game by entering a competition area or by throwing objects at any time will be removed and subject to further sanctions which may include loss of future ticket privileges. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Prohibited Items include: Glass bottles and cans are strictly prohibited; Dogs (or other pets) are not permitted (except for assistive purposes); Smoking is not permitted; Alcohol consumption is not permitted; Firearms and other concealed weapons are not permitted; artificial noisemakers are not permitted.
- Patrons are responsible for all personal items and valuable.
- The Department of P.E. and Athletics, 1-2-1 Fitness, and facility staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
11. Any patron found damaging, misusing or stealing any Department of P.E. and Athletics equipment or property will immediately be reported to CWRU Police and lose access to all Department of P.E. and Athletics facilities.
12. Any guests arriving at Veale for a meeting with a coach or staff member should be asked to wait in the DelRosa Lounge while the CSA or Officer calls the coach and/or staff member.
13. Facility staff reserves the right to remove patrons and/or restrict access to any patron who violates facility policies and/or procedures.
14. No tape or adhesive products are to be placed on any of the facility floors or walls without prior approval from the Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations.
Facility Dress Code
- All facility users who engage in a recreational activity must be properly dressed for that activity. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- The use of black-soled athletic shoes is prohibited in all gymnasiums and racquetball/squash courts.
Notice to users of facilities and equipment of the Physical Education & Athletic Department:
Be advised that you use the facilities and equipment at your own risk. CWRU is not responsible for negligent use or behavior. Please be aware that inappropriate use may result in injury, paralysis, or death.
Spectators are advised that they may watch contests at their own risk. CWRU is not responsible for injuries to spectators as a result of game play or negligence.